"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Friday, May 20, 2011

Heavenly Father Loves His Children

Any missionary knows before he/she leaves for the field that the title of their homecoming talk could always be, "Heavenly Father Loves His Children", and for me it is no different. Justin Scott is about 60 years old and has been a truck driver for almost 30 years. He had a heart attack while driving, was hospitalized and released and got a speeding ticket at 1 in the morning while delivering the load that was still on his truck. He then had another more severe heart attack and was in ICU for 14 days. At some point after his recovery he was at the DOL to renew his license and learned his CDL license was suspended because he had an unpaid ticket. He had completely forgotten about his ticket. He went to court and asked the judge to allow him to serve jail time in lieu of the $300 fine, but the judge declined. So now, Mr. Scott is looking for work to pay his fine, reinstate his license and return to his profession. I was on the phone working with him yesterday following up on some job leads he had applied for when he said, "I have had many serious challenges, but I am not down." This is a man who prays and is kindly and courteous. I told him I knew one reason he was upbeat and positive despite his trials and that was because I put his name in our temple and that five days a week there were about 200 people praying for him. The spirit witnessed that this was true. I am looking forward to seeing how Heavenly Father is going to work out the details. Mr. Scott walks to the library to get on the computer to follow leads and to make applications. I gave him a few hints for following up after submitting an application, making cold calls, using power statements and networking. It will all work out for him. Putting Mr. Scott's name in the temple was such a small thing, but of tremendous value. By the way, since the Atlanta Temple phone lines were closed, I put his and other names of candidates, in my Columbia River Temple, so you at home are praying for them all when you attend the temple at home. It is sweet to me to think you are all involved in blessing these dear people. Heavenly Father loves and is watching over Mr. Scott and I am grateful to be able to be involved in that process in a small way to bless this dear man.

No comments:

Post a Comment