"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Auto Tek Car Repair and more Good People!






These are the Petersens from Rexburg Idaho, and the Watkins from New Haven, Utah. They are going to Thailand and Armenia, respectively as THE Employment Resource Centers! Both of the gentlemen have been Bishops and members of the Stake Presidency. Sister Petersen just had her clearance after five years of being free from "inoperable" cancer...and right away they left for a mission. Before he and his wife's mission call to Armenia, Elder Watkins served 15 months in Ogden as a missionary to the transients and homeless people. These people are all losing their lives in service

Sisters Ludwig and King are both nurses heading to Trinidad Tobago and California, respectively...they are both going by themselves without companions, so Sister King will be living with young sisters. We have enjoyed their company.

Elder and Sister Stock from from Orem, Utah, are our delightful Senior Missionary caretakers. The lift gate on my van would not open on Monday so I asked Elder Stock if he could recommend someone honest I could have repair my car. He recommended the Father/Sons business, Auto Tek at 720 North State in Orem. Remember that name, grandchildren. I dealt with Jason who repaired my car at no charge...so not only were they capable and honest, but also generous and charitable. Good people at every turn.

I had an impossible time falling asleep last night concerned about all I had to learn, so since I couldn't get up, I tossed and stewed until after 2 this morning, but amazingly I have been able to do what I needed to today without dragging. I decided to fast today and that brought the much needed peace and calm I needed. It was a good day...we spent the day being taught the Career Workshop by two capable Area Directors of ERCS. After dinner we had a two hour computer class. Did you know that if you brought the cursor arrow to the left margin of a word document and clicked twice it would highlight the paragraph, and if you clicked three times, it would highlight the entire page? I love to learn new things! Tomorrow is our last day in the MTC and I am really going to miss these people as we each are flung somewhere on the globe to do our small little work. I am most grateful to be a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment