"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

...And From My Primary Friends




These sweet smiling faces belong to the Primary Children of the Clearwater Ward in the Kennewick Stake. For four months they were my kind and patient "guinea pigs" as I learned how to be a chorister! My interview for this calling went something like this: "Sister Mitchell....have you ever been in a choir? NO; Have you ever been a chorister? NO; Do you sing? NO!....but I did teach myself how to lead music so I could teach that to my 11 year old Activity Day girls. "PERFECT!, says he....we would like you to be the new Primary Chorister!" Stunned silence, but....eventually, a subdued, "okay". It was perfect training for being a missionary! As the Primary chorister I was a complete beginner, all my mistakes were very public, and the learning curve was challenging! I can't help but think it will be exactly like that as a new missionary! No one could be a more loving and tolerant group for "new beginnings"as were these sweet little children. I recall one incident where I had made a mistake on something (surprise, surprise) and apologized to the children as I turned my back to fix the error on my poster. I heard the dearest little voice behind me respond with, "That's alright, Sister Mitchell". You just had to hear the caring in her voice. MY FRIENDS! How I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment