"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Friday, April 29, 2011

A Most Capable and Motivating Instructor

This is Sister Amy Street our morning instructor from Stockton, California who served her mission in the Massachusettes Boston Mission. She has skillfully taught us principles from Preach My Gospel. I wanted to get a photo of Brothers Pike and Barney, our afternoon instructors, but only one was there this afternoon. These young former missionaries are my heroes and I always want to remember them and their influence on this missionary.

This from Elder Jeffrey L. Holland:

"Come to the edge." "No", I will fall off.
"Come to the edge." "NO! I will fall off.
"COME TO THE EDGE!"
I went to the edge, and He pushed me....and I flew.

People do not experience miracles, says Elder Holland, because they do not push the envelope and put themselves in situations where God can work them. He invited us to merit miracles in our missionary efforts and promised them if we would exercise great faith and match it with works that stretch us as never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment