"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Derek Came A Visiting


Friday night at midnight Derek flew into Atlanta to spend the weekend with me. He is interviewing for a residency program and had been to Arkansas and North Dakota....a respite in Atlanta, and flies out tomorrow for Rochester and Albany, New York. It has been wonderful having him here. He changed the overhead light bulb in my closet, something I have not climbed up to take the time to do. Had a look at my dark dashboard but wary of removing the dashboard cover to replace the bulb. I can make do with a flashlight and don't do much driving at night anyway. I made enchiladas and guacamole for lunch and then beef stroganoff on Sunday....two of his favorites. Saturday dinner was Hibachi Grill....fresh and plentiful....knew he would enjoy. At church he recognized a med student he had classes with at BYU. In Nebraska at church he recognized Ben Davis from the Richland Stake. The world is a small place when you are a member of the Church. Satisfying! For Christmas, Larry Fuller, a fellow temple worker whose wife I used to visit teach at home, sent me Joseph Smith's Lectures on Faith along with some questions about the text, which I am studying. You think you have a fairly good understanding of "Faith" and then you read something like this and see you are just a babe. Also read Larry Barkdull's article, "Faith - An Intelligent Force": http://www.ldsmag.com/church/article/9156?ac=1 which took Faith far beyond the definition of it's being a belief in things not seen, which are true....So grateful to learn. Friday I got an upbeat email from a candidate wanting to look into schooling. Tonight he wrote, devastated he has lost his job and has three daughters and another on the way. If I didn't have complete faith and trust in Heavenly Father and the SAvior and their promises, I could not handle the pathos of this missionary call, but God does not lie, and the blessings are there through faith, obedience and hard work. Absolutely true!

No comments:

Post a Comment