"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Simple Sweet Thing

Yesterday the power source to my laptop went out so I ordered a new one, but in the meantime had a mountain of work to get done, so I asked permission of my Director to come in to the office and work after hours. I assured my companion she did not have to come. Daryl gave his permission which I was grateful for as in the past he said I could not be here alone at night. Plenty of stories of muggings and the like. After dinner I returned and settled in, just me, Pandora internet radio/Mo Tab, and my work. About 10:00 I hear a man talking, coming closer to my office. I was cool as a cucumber and not the least bit alarmed, and no need to be. He was in the building checking out something in the storehouse and I remarked I was relieved to see he was not a serial killer. He needed to be let out through my door as the alarm system is tricky. Very pleasant man....he left, I went back to work thoroughly grateful for this opportunity I had to get the work done despite my computer's being out of commission. This morning I am called to the front desk, and there is the gentleman in a white shirt and tie....a former Bishop, I am told! So...the sweetness of the whole experience does not escape me. Last night, to feel the spirit, when I don't realize I am feeling it because it is in the form of calm, peace, no question of being alarmed....but present nonetheless. I am so grateful for these sweet simple almost unnoticed manifestations of reassurance and constant care from my Heavenly Father even when I am not aware it is happening...so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment