"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Sunday, February 12, 2012

One Of Those Satisfying Weeks

This has been one of those weeks that make you grateful to be alive simply for small blessings that have come my way: my girls, which includes Bonnie, got together Friday for lunch on the occasion of the three February birthdays, one of my stellar candidates got a job, Lina in Utah translated Adomas' Riauka's letter to me written in Lithuanian, I think I have once and for all overcome something I have been struggling with for my entire mission, I have decided to establish a practice of fasting every four days as that is about as long as I can go before the sturdy natural woman in me begins to make herself known, and I completed my assignment by giving my talk today in Sacrament meeting. I wrote four different talks, the last one begun at 3 this morning, so I am immensely glad that is behind me. Besides the pressure of the responsibility of just saying what Heavenly Father wants me to say, I had to be certain it met all of the criteria I learned in the Bishopric's class last Fast Sunday. Yesterday afternoon I was feeling as though what I had written was all wrong as there was absolutely that deadness of feeling when the spirit is absent, and I couldn't understand why...still don't know, as I thought I would have MORE of the spirit because of overcoming something that has been a challenge to me. When I prayed I received no answer why I was receiving no answer, so there was nothing to do but give it my best effort, go to bed and awake at 6:30 to try again. It felt better in the morning so off I went, and now it is behind me and I am at peace and grateful for all my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment