"And so we see it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass."

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Settling Into a Normal Routine at the ERC

This past week I spent a great deal of time on the phone following up with job candidates who registered as long ago as 2009. I have three hundred more to contact before moving on to 11 other stakes. I am not the only one calling, so that is encouraging. I found a sweet married mother of two little boys who came with her into the office while we worked up a resume for her. She is illegal and originally comes from Guatemala, and....was baptized into the church as a young girl. Her husband is evangelical, so they attend his church, but....contact has been re-established. She is able to bring up our shared faith, but I am not, other than in very general terms that does not look like proselyting. She has a tax ID number so we are hoping to find her immediate work. Saturday morning in the temple I asked Heavenly Father to please let us meet someone that day who we could talk to about the Gospel. After we returned home at 3:00 from all of our errands I suggested to Sister Peterson that we go sit by the pool and see what happens. Sure enough, a single mother with four children came across our path. She was preparing to bar-b-que and brought her own grill, but forgot the lighter. I volunteered our matches and Sister Peterson went up to get them and then had a very nice conversation with Mico who we will see again. One of our supervisors called and offered us symphony tickets for that night since her husband was not feeling well, so I was able to have a conversation about the church with the lady sitting next to me there. Sister Peterson and I decided we are going to be somewhere every Saturday afternoon where we can come in contact with people and share our message. Pray for us for the sakes of those with whom we come in contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment